18 August 2009

Eliyahu's Branches: Database update

Chaim Freedman writes that he's now updating the descendants' database for the Vilna Gaon and his siblings. He last published this in his 1997 book, "Eliyahu's Branches - the Descendants of the Vilna Gaon and His Family" (Avotaynu).

He writes:

In the light of material received from many families and with resource to archival records which were not available when my book was published, I have much to re-assess.

I invite those whose families appear in my book to send updates of children born since its publication twelve years ago, and corrections. I would also like to hear from all families who hold a tradition of a relationship with the Gaon.

Please send family trees in a gedcom file if possible.
Contact Chaim for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment