Each year, the European Day of Jewish Culture offers activities and events in many countries.
While the official day is September 5, events are scheduled for other days as well and there is a calendar on the home page of JewishHeritage.org, which offers links to this year's participating countries.
Countries scheduling events this year: Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
“Art and Judaism” - this year's theme - explores a wide field of topics:
- Media: paintings, sculptures, decorative arts, literature, music, films, theatre
- People: painters, sculptors, writers, actors, composers and performers, directors
- Period: ancient, medieval, modern, contemporary
- Collectors: patrons of art, collections, museums
- Religious: applied art, artifacts, Judaica, everyday life,
Click here for an interactive map. Click the country of interest and a PDF will come up (in English as well as that country's own language), arranged by city and event, with detailed information.